10 Core Concepts of Hurst Cycles, Nominal, Definition?

I wish there was a category for Education, to discuss the concepts presented in the educational materials provided by David and others.

This is in reference to the PDF: 10 Core Concepts,…

What is the meaning or definition of NOMINAL as used in this context of wave types?

Nominal usually means small, inconsequential, don’t worry about it.

But in this case it could mean the basic, smallest wave cycle?
Or could it mean the foundation or common? i.e. these wave cycles are the most used, most common occurrences, most popular?

I don’t understand the term.

In this case its reflective of the ‘in name only’ definition. It was just convenient for Hurst to label the various cycles in his model that oscillate around these ‘nominal’ frequencies. Otherwise you would be constantly referring to an average which, by the principle of variation, is modulating constantly.

For example in relation to the 80 day nominal cycle, you might call the previous cycle 87.3 days current average and the next cycle 69.4 days current average.

Its purely the need for a concise presentation of the model which calls for the ‘nominal’ phrasing. Nothing more!

Dave

it took several readings of this to understand what you said, but I think my new understanding of it is:

the first cycle is 87.3 days,
the second cycle changes to 69.4 days

but we can average these cycles and refer to it as an 80 day cycle

and nominal, derived from Latin nomen = “name”, it is just a naming structure, but the cycle is not exactly 80 days.

we’ll called it an 80 day cycle, as a way to “name” the cyclical pattern, but each cycle is not really 80 days length.

thank you

Yes, that correct. All will become clear when you read the above literature.

It is a very bad denomination with no immediate meaning without long explanation

For me let’s say that the nominal model is a kind of Average Discovery Model

in short using average periods of the time of Hurst (1970-1975) this model allows you made an Initial Phasing Analysis of most financial instruments