Hello from Milan

Hello to everyone,
I am pleased to participate in this Forum.
I live in Milan, Italy.
First of all, I want to thank David Hickson for the initiative taken to make possible this space. I think if David was undergoing a test to measure the degree of his empathy, in terms of mental disposition, would reach the upper end of the scale. Many thanks for the invite to the forum.
I trade FT-MIB index and sometimes Dax.
I’m interested in studying the Prisca Sapientia and from my readings I knew that for the Ancients time was cyclical and not straight.
Therefore, I met in my search the theory of hurst cycles in 2014, after reading first:
a) the book by Russell A. Smith on his studies about G. I. Gurdjieff and P. D. Ouspensky;
b) some articles of Ray Tomes, in particular: “Harmonics Theory - The Physics and Maths” (Ray, a philosopher in the style of the old natural philosophers, as he likes to be called).
http://ray.tomes.biz/index.htm
The summary page that struck me is pag189 in "Profit Magic for Stock Transaction Timing ‘’, where it appears the temporal cyclicality hidden in the spectrum of frequency and amplitude of the DJIA during the period April 1921 up Jun 1965.
W. D. Gann knew the periodogram analysis of Sir Arthur Shuster, about the search of hidden periodicities. There is a letter to that effect Gann on 01 / apr / 1926 addressed to his client.
In 1898 appeared the Shuster’s issue “On the investigation of hidden periodicities with application to a supposed 26 day period of meteorological phenomena”. Also since 1895 devices were available of graphical methods for spectrum research of amplitude and frequency of time series, as mentioned in the book of Carse and Shearer, 1915, “A course in Fourier’s analysis and periodogram analysis for the mathematical laboratories”.
Finally, Gann several times quotes the harmonic analysis in his novel “Tunnell thru the air”.
Any time series can be considered as a signal. The main enemy in the analysis of the signals is the noise.
Researchers sought quick solutions to eliminate unwanted components inherent in signals. Conventional tools for smoothing can be examined under four main groups:

1. curve fitting of polynomials to signals and to the derivatives can then be obtained by analytical differentiation;
  2. Smoothing splines;
  3. Fourier analysis;
  4. Digital filters.
    Among the book ‘Profit Magic for Stock Transaction Timing’’ and the original Cyclitec cycles course by Hurst
    I prefer the first. On this table I will ask and give contributions.
    David, God bless you and your dearest loves
    Best regards
    Piero

ciao Piero, piacere di conoscerti e soprattutto di vedere oltr a Sergio qui, un altro italiano. Buona giornata.

hello Piero

a man who read Gann and prefers the book to the course cannot be fully bad ! :laughing: