Seeking Seasoned Cyclic Analyst Mentor!

Hi everyone, my name’s Neville and I am so glad to be part of the Hurst Cycles forum community. I am a rookie cyclic analyst who is looking for a good cyclic analyst that will mentor me every step of the way of this journey I am embarking on.

I have no experience in trading however I have read a couple of fundamental books including John J. Murphy’s “Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets”, Lawrence G McMillan’s “Options as a strategic investment” and now of course Hurst Cycles which I have two lessons before I complete, with “The Profit Magic of Stock Transaction Timing” soon to follow . So I do have a firm grasp of the basic knowledge of trading and am not completely hopeless :smile:, I just have no trading experience as of yet and in need of some real molding into a fine cyclic analyst & overall trader.

I’m located in South Africa, CAT.
Neville10

Hello Neville10,

I am no seasoned [ cyclic ] analyst, but, like you I am beginning my journey. Maybe we can help each other. I just started my trial a week and a half ago. How far along in the material are you ?

I have a great deal of overall trading experience ( + 15 years ). I am located in the US; Indiana, on EST.

Best,
Richard

Hello Richard

Great to hear from you and definitely yes we can help each other out. My trial with ST has recently expired but I will be renewing it in the near future. Currently I’m busy with Hurst Cycles Course -have learnt a great deal thus far- but I’m left with the last two lessons so I should be done by next week. And how far are you?

I have no experience in trading however I have read a couple of fundamental books including John J. Murphy’s “Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets”, Lawrence G McMillan’s “Options as a strategic investment” and now of course Hurst Cycles, with “The Profit Magic of Stock Transaction” soon to follow . So I do have a firm grasp of the basic knowledge of trading and am not completely hopeless :smile:, I just have no trading experience as yet and in need of some real molding into a fine trader.

I’m located in South Africa, CAT.
Neville

Hi Guys,

I am going to have chat today with David Hickson about how we can set up a Hurst student forum where knowledge contributors can help and share their knowledge. It could also evolve into an online classroom discussion type of format. Have to think about it some as it will take a fair bit of dedicated time for those willing to teach/coach. We’ll get back to you.

cheers,
john

That would be highly appreciated. It will help breech that gap between knowledge and trading experience.
Big ups John!

Neville10,

I’ve read these as well; great introductory choices. Another great book is : https://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Hurst-Cycle-Analysis-treatment/dp/0857190
This how I discovered ST. It is mentioned in the book.
I am still working my way throught the online user manual. I have searched through my many emails but am unable to find anything about ST Hurst Cycles Course…could you provide a link ? Or are you referring to the one “pinned” at the top of the analysis forum ?

Have you downloaded Ninjatrader yet ? It is a fantastic platform ( free ) and they have stellar customer service. ST has chosen a great platform to connect with as it has enormous potential. I have used it for almost a decade.There are many Youtube videos which can help you become familiar with it’s functionality.

Best,
Richard

Hi again Richard,

I have just checked out the recommended read; I will get my hands on it definitely. As for the course that I am currently busy with, it is the one “pinned” at the top yes. Let me inbox you.

Neville10

Hi Neville/Richard and anyone else out there.

Was there any further discussion regarding a mentoring, tbh, having just had my head handed to me on a plate today I was thinking about the same thing, and happended across this post. I have just joined the group and just signed up for the EOD trader service. At the moment I have the luxury of being able to concentrate on tarding and learning the approach , but would most definately benefit from a mentor or someone who would be willing to help keep me on the right path and avoid the poor house.

Just read the books, get your head around the concepts and get trading in the real market. You will find the phasing charts as easy as driving a car after a while.